Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Platinum Talent Agency (“Platinum Talent Agency”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy. When it comes to your personal information, we believe in transparency, not surprises. That’s why we’ve set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to create your registration, specifically, your first name and surname, the child’s first name and surname, email address, telephone number, home address, your child’s date of birth and medical information. If you pay for our services by card, we receive a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card.
- Emergency contact details.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as our customer support inquiries.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
3. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering with us and applying online on our website).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our website (including technologies like cookies).
- We receive it from third parties (when you make payments to us using a payment processor).
We’ve described this in more detail below.
a. Personal information you provide
When you use our services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your first name and surname, your child’s first name and surname, email address, telephone number, home address, your child’s date of birth and medical information as part of your registration and enrolment. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form on our website or participating in contests or similar promotions.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. For example, local authorities require some of your personal information when we apply for your child’s performance license. We’ll normally let you know when information is required, and the consequences of failing to provide it. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our services if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
b. Personal information obtained from our website
When you use our website, we collect information about your activity and interaction with our site, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our site, what sites pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices.
c. Personal information obtained from other sources
If you use a Third Party service (such as MailChimp) to join our mailing list, the third party service may provide us with your personal information on your behalf.
If you make payments via card or cheque, we obtain limited information about your payment card from our payment processor, such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and expiration date.
4. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services. Creating your registration, provide our services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails, text messages and service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our services and send you tailored marketing communications about services, offers, events, classes and promotions of Platinum Performing Arts and measure the success of those campaigns.
- Improving our services. Analyse and learn about how our website is accessed and used, evaluate and improve our services (including by developing our website and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our website. We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymized or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually. For example, if we learn that most visitors on our website are attracted to a specific area, we might wish to expand on the information on that area.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other legal terms and policies.
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as Child Performance Licenses and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquires. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your telephone number if we have to contact you in an emergency in regard to your child.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with Child Performance Licence laws and other government regulations or to comply with a court order of binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the Platinum Performing Arts business and provide you with tailored services and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To provide and improve our services, including any personalised services – we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our customers on a sustained basis.
5. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Platinum Talent Agency Staff. We share personal information with our staff when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyse and improve the services we or they provide.
- Casting Directors. We share personal information including our client's name, date of birth, height, eye colour, hair colour, ethnicity, previous experiences with casting directors who have shown an interest in our client for a casting job.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us with our mailing campaigns, advertisements, send marketing and other communications on our behalf.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonable necessary to comply with the law. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by local authorities, such as applying for your child’s performance licence and other law enforcement requirements.
6. Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including terminating your contract in accordance with our Terms and Conditions) by contacting us by the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by unsubscribing by following the instructions within the communications or managing your preferences.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
7. How we protect your personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. Our website is also SSL secure.
8. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your telephone number is connected to how long your contract with us is active, while the period for which we keep your enquiry email is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.
As some customers have a periodic time away from us, or come back to us after a contract becomes inactive, or register with us after a trial, we don’t immediately delete your personal information when your trial ends or you cancel all services. Instead, we keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time, so it will be there if you come back.
Please note that in the course of providing services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalised information which we may retain indefinitely.
Updates to this Policy